Dr. Indira Mohan
Squint, Pediatric Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Name :Dr. Indira Mohan
- Nationality : Indian
- Phone : +91- 011-29847700/7800/7900
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Reg. No. DMC : 23048
- Branch of Specialization :Ophthalmology (Eye)
- Area of Special Training :Squint, Pediatric Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
MBBS, DOMS, FRCS (Edin.), Trained in the Prince Charles' Eye Unit, King Edward VII Hospital, Windsor, U.K. and the St. Thomas Hospital, London. She specializes in Glaucoma
management, Phaco surgery, Medical Ophthalmology, Contact Lenses and Low Vision. Her area of special interest is Paediatric Ophthalmology and Squint. She has been trained with Prof. (Dr.) Prem Prakash and Prof. (Dr.) Madan Mohan, two of the most acclaimed and experienced Ophthalmologist in India.
1988 - M.B.,B.S. Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical College, Univ. of Poona, India (1988)
1991 - D.O.M.S.Sassoon General Hospitals, B.J. Medical College, Univ. of Poona,
1993 F.R.C.S.(Ed.) Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh UK (1993)
1996(Aug)Certificate Course Carroll Centre for the Blind, Newton, (Boston) MA USA (1996)
- Medical Council of India (M.C.I) Regd. No. 7838
- Delhi Medical Council (D.M.C.) Regd. No. 15347
- Full Registration with the GMC U.K. Regd. No. 5164049
Membership of Professional Associations
- All India Ophthalmological Society
- Delhi Ophthalmological Society
- Glaucoma Society of India
- Strabismological Society of India
- Indian Society of Cornea & Keratorefractive Surgeons (ISCKRS)
Awards and Scholarships
- National Scholarship Scheme Certificate of Merit 1983 – Award based on the basis of Std. 12 result at Higher Secondary Board Examination by Maharashtra State Board of Higher Education.
- State ranking of 28 in std. 12 examination by the Maharashtra State Board of Higher Education – 1983.
- Certificate of Rank – University of Pune – For standing first in the University D.O.M.S. Examination (1992).
- Japanese Ophthalmic Association Scholarship – 1995.
- Common wealth Scholarship (July – Sept. 1996) to attend Low Vision Course at Carroll Centre for the Blind, USA.
Was one of the Investigators on the
- Multicentric Trial on Efficacy of Latanoprost (Xalatan) in Glaucoma and Ocular Hypertension in Indian patients. The preliminary report of the Xalatan trial has been published by Pharmacia (Pfizer), the group supporting the study.
- Efficacy of Lumigan (bimatoprost) in IOP control in Glaucoma and Ocular Hypertension.
- Clinical appraisal of Topical Cyclosporin-A eye drops in Dry Eye
- Evaluation of efficacy and safety of Genteal eye drops (0.3% hypromellose) in the treatment of patients developing dry eye after cataract surgery. (Novartis funded study)
Conferences Participated & Presentations
- Nov 1995: Present Status of Ophthalmology in India. Japanese Congress of Clinical Ophthalmology, Utsunomiya, Japan.
- Jan 1997: Instructional Course on Corneal Topography at All India Ophthalmic Society Annual Conference, Mumbai, India.
- Jan 1998: Instructional Course on Corneal Topography at All India Ophthalmic Society Annual Meeting, Chandigarh, India.
- April 1998: Instructional Course on Corneal Topography at the Annual Delhi Ophthalmic Society Meeting.
- Jan 1999: All India Ophthalmic Society Annual Meeting, Cochin: Present Status of Low Vision In India, at Community Ophthalmology Seminar.
- Cataract extraction by phacoemulsification & foldable IOL implants.
- Cornea & external diseases – Epidemiological research medical & surgical management.
- Glaucoma evaluation & Management :- Medical, Surgical and laser therapies.
- Strabismus assessment & management
- Low vision assessment & rehabilitation of the blind & partially sighted.