Dr. Purnima Sahni Sood
MBBS(GNDU), MD(Opthalmology), Vitreo-Retina fellowship
- Name : Dr. Purnima Sahni Sood
- Nationality : Indian
- Phone : 011-29847700/7800/7900
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reg. No. DMC : 26664
- Branch of Specialization : Ophthalmology (Eye)
- Area of Special Training : Vitreo-retina specialist
|Qualification||Year of Passing||Aggregate/Division||Name of University|
||66.2% / First
||Govt. Medical College,GNDU, Amritsar
||60% / First (University Topper)
||Govt. Medical College,Punjabi University
||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences,Karnataka.
Presently working as:
- Associate Director, Ophthalmology, Jaypee Hospital, Noida w.e.f from october 2014.
- Senior consultant vitreo retina, M.M Eyetech, lajpat nagar, New Delhi from 2006 till date.
- Centre for sight, safdarjung enclave, working with the Retina management group from 2006 till date.
Prviously worked as:
- Worked at Retina Institute of Karnataka, Bangalore wef July 2004 to March 2005.
- Underwent Vitreo-retina fellowship in Retina Institute of Karnataka, Bangalore, awarded by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Worked as a Consultant at Vittala Institute of Ophthalmology & Prabha Eye Clinic, Bangalore.
- Worked as Senior Resident ( Registrar ) in the Department of Opthalmology, Dr. R.P. Govt. Medical College, Tanda at Dharamshala,H.P. for 4 years from 3-2-1999 to 13-2-2003.
- Worked for 6 months as Eye Specialist in Lok Kalyan Samiti, a charitable Eye Hospital, New Delhi.
- Worked as Medical Officer in Punjab State Medical Services for one year.
- Presented a paper at North Zone Opthalmological Society conference at Shimla in Sep. 1995 titled- " USE OF COLLAGEN CORNEAL SHIELDS FOR RECURRENT CORNEAL EROSIONS''.
- Contributed a chapter as co-author- "MACULA- IDIOPATHIC SENILE MACULAR HOLE, AGE RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION AND MACULAR PUCKER'', in the book ' Current Opthalmology' ed. Dr. Gill.
- Topic for research in thesis work was " FUNDUS FLUORESCEIN ANGIOSCOPY IN PATIENTS WITH UVEITIS".
- Publication in an international indexed journal "Ophthalmic Epidemiology" in May 2003, titled 'Seasonal Epidemic of Caterpillar hair injury in Kangra District, India'.
- Presented a lecture on Diabetic Retinopathy in a training course of general physicians organized by The University of Newcastle, Australia and TUNNDA in April 2004.
- Paper presentation at KOS Annual State Conference at Belgaum in Nov. 2003: Autofluoresence in Macular Diseases.
- Paper presentation at KOS Annual State Conference at Bellary in Nov. 2004: Treatment of Choroidal neovascular membrane in pathologic myopia.
- Papers presented at Retina meets of KOS --
i) FEVR –a case presentation.
ii) Retinochoroidal anastomosis.
iii) Post-inflammatory CNVM.
iv) Choroidal hemangioma.
v) Choroidal secondaries.
- Lecture on Endophthalmitis at medical college, Meerut in 2005.
- Presentation at IIRSI, national conference as invited faculty, in 2012 and 2013, on posterior segment effects of cataract surgery.
- Presentation at Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS) 2014 annual conference, as faculty, on " Effect of intravitreal AntiVEGF's on Tractional retinal detachment "
- Presentation at annual conference of Vitreo retinal society of India ( VRSI ) 2014 – " ? RAP, ? macroaneurysm, ? BRVO, ? AMD, ? PCV, ? new entity ".
- Instruction course at All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS), annual conference in Feb 2105 – on Diabetic Retinopathy.