Dr. Rishi Mohan
Cornea, Cataract, Glaucoma and Refractive Surgeon
- Name :Dr. Rishi Mohan
- Nationality : Indian
- Phone :011-29847700/7800/7900
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reg. No. DMC : 15397
- Branch of Specialization : Ophthalmology (Eye)
- Area of Special Training :Cornea, Cataract, Glaucoma and Refractive Surgeon
After passing his MBBS from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1982, Dr. Rishi Mohan joined the Dr. R. P. Centre, AIIMS for his MD in Ophthalmology. He did his Post-Doctoral Residency (Senior Residency) from 1986-1988 from R. P. Centre, AIIMS with major in Cataract and Cornea, followed by a Fellowship with Project ORBIS Inc. USA as Staff Ophthalmologist in 1989. He completed his DNB in 1986 followed by the FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK in 1996. He was awarded the Membership of the Academy of Medical Sciences (MAMS) 2006. He did a 6 months training (Registrarship) in Phacoemulsification from the Prince Charles' Eye Unit, King Edward VII Hospital, UK in 1994.
Present Employment(Since January 1990): Senior Cornea, Cataract and Refractive Consultant at mmeyetech institute.
- Ocular Surface Disease: He is renowned for understanding the concepts in the causation and management of complex cases of dry eyes, ocular allergies & inflammations. As a Teacher; he conducts courses and teaching programs, webcasts, etc on the subject.
- Cataract: He has performed Cataract surgeries for over 25 years & implanted more than 10000 posterior chamber Intra Ocular implants in this period. He has been performing phacoemulsification surgery since early 1994 and using foldable implants (acrylic, hydrophilic acrylic & silicon) routinely since 1997, having performed more than 6000 such procedures. He has special expertise in implanting premium Intra Ocular Lenses such as Toric implants, Multifocal IOLs and Toric Multifocals.
- Community ophthalmology and Eye camps: He has participated in numerous eye camps for poor, rural & semi-urban population around the Capital Region and in far off States (Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh) and performed quality cataract surgeries and glaucoma procedures successfully. He has conducted school health screening programs and eye checkups and examination of Blind School children.
- Keratoplasty: He has performed over 1200 Keratoplasty (Corneal Transplantation) surgeries, both as single procedures and in combination with cataract extraction & lens implantation (Triple Procedures), secondary IOL insertions, vitrectomies, trabeculectomies, etc.
- Glaucoma: He has extensive experience in the medical & surgical management of Glaucoma, having performed more than 400 trabeculectomies, glaucoma shunt implant surgeries and over a 1000 laser peripheral iridectomies.
- Retina and Lasers: He has assisted about 40 retinal surgeries & vitreoretinal procedures during Post Doctoral Residency Training and is well-versed in the use of the Argon, Diode & YAG Lasers, having performed over 3000 glaucoma & retinal laser procedures and laser capsulotomies.
- LASIK – Surgery: Dr. Mohan started LASIK Surgery in 1995 (over 20 years), and has performed approximately 1500 keratorefractive surgeries, using the Excimer Laser, including astigmatic keratotomies, PRK & customised LASIK procedures and now is extensively doing bladeless (Femto Laser assisted) LASIK.
- Other Surgeries: He has also performed numerous Squint Corrections and all other kinds of Anterior Segment & Oculoplasty Surgeries. His other area of interest is ocular trauma & he has performed over 200 reconstructive surgeries.
- Guest Lecture on Corneal Diseases in India and the role of Keratoplasty (1991), at MIE University, Toba, Japan.
- Chaired sessions at Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bombay, Varanasi, Bhubaneshwar, Hyderabad & Agra AIOS Conferences.
- He delivered an invited Key note address on the "Eye Care Scenario in the Indian Subcontinent" at the UKISCRS Meeting, Chester, 1996.
- He was awarded the Maulana Azad Medical College Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for 1st Position in ENT and Ophthalmology (Delhi University).
- In 1986 he was awarded the Best Resident Award of the Dr. R. P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS.
Dr. Mohan has held various important Positions such as:
- Secretary, Ophthalmic Research Association, Dr. RP Centre, AIIMS (1985)
- Member, Scientific Committee, All India Ophthalmological Society (1996-99)
- Joint Secretary, Delhi Ophthalmological Society (1998-2001)
- Member, Executive Committee, Delhi Ophthalmological Society (1991-93)
- Member, Managing Committee, All India Ophthalmological Society
- Member, Scientific Committee, All India Ophthalmological Society
- Jt. Secretary, Eye Bank Association of India (Current)
- Hony. Secretary, Indian Society of Cornea & Keratoplastic Surgeons (Current)
- He was recently elected as the Vice- President, Delhi Ophthalmological Society (Current)
Dr. Mohan has contributed the following chapters in books & authored the CME publications for All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS)
- Mohan, Rishi. Recent Advances in Dry Eye Management. In Garg Ashok, Sheppard JD, Donnenfeld ED, et al. (Eds). Clinical Diagnosis and Management of Dry Eye and Ocular Surface Disorders (Xero-Dacryology). New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2006; 334-45.
- Mohan, Rishi. Wide Zone LASIK for Hyperopia. In Garg A, Alio J L, Pajic B, et al. (Eds). Mastering the Techniques of LASIK, EPILASIK and LASEK (Techniques and Technology). New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2007;187-90.
- Mohan, Rishi. Advances in IOL Material. In Garg Ashok, Lin JT, et al (Eds). Mastering Intraocular Lenses [IOLs] (Principles, Techniques and Innovations). New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2007; 558-64.
- AIOS CME NO. 16 - "Corneal Dystrophies & Collagen Crosslinking of Cornea"
Published by the All India Ophthalmological Society, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi. – Mar-Apr 2008.
He enjoys memberships of following societies
- All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS)
- National Society for the Prevention of Blindness (INDIA)
- Intraocular Implant and Refractive Society, India
- Indian Medical Association
- Ocular Trauma Society of India
- Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS)
- Indo-Japanese Ophthalmological Foundation
- Eye Bank Association of India
- Indian Society of Cornea & Keratorefractive Surgeons
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)