Dr. Saurabh Kamal
MS, DNB, FAICO, Fellow LV Prasad Eye
- Name :Dr. Saurabh Kamal
- Nationality : Indian
- Phone :011-29847700/7800/7900
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Reg. No. DMC : R2689
- Branch of Specialization :Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery
- Area of Special Training :Cornea, Cataract, Glaucoma and Refractive Surgeon
I wish to practice medicine with a holistic and proactive approach in Ophthalmic Plastic, Dacryology and Ocular Oncology. I am passionate about patient care and teaching. I am looking forward to join an institute with similar objectives to help and serve patients in the best manner.
- Eyelid and Aesthetics surgery (Simple and complex Eyelid reconstruction, Ptosis surgery, Biepharoplasty, Tumor excision , Entropion/Ectropion, Brow lift, Trauma, Mini face lift, Congenital coloboma and other eyelid deformities)
- Botox for Hemifacial spasm, Benign essential blepharospasm. Cosmetic eyelid and facial indications
- Fillers for tear trough deformity, wrinkles around eyes and forehead/face
- Lacrimal (Endoscopic endonasal DCR, Septoplasty. Pediatric lacrimal probing with endoscopic guidance. Punctal/Canalicular diseases. Minimonoka for canalicular laceration, Endoscopic DCR in Acute dacryocystitis, Congenital lacrimal disorders, Centurion syndrome, Botox for symptomatic epiphora)
- Thyroid eye disease (Eyelid deformity correction, Upper lid blepharotomy. Levator recession. Orbital decompression including fat and bony decompression. Customized Approach for thyroid eye disease. Medical management for appropriate cases)
- Orbit (Orbitotomy: Transconjunctival, Lateral Orbitotomy, Minimally invasive Orbitotomy with hidden scar approach)
- Oncology (Excision of small and large eyelid tumor with reconstruction with Flaps/Grafts. Conjunctival tumor excision, Nevus excision, Management and OSSN and intraocular tumors)
- Orbit fracture repair (Floor, lateral and medial wall). Zygoma repair with plating and screws
- Anophthalmic Socket reconstruction, Contracted socket management and surgeries (Mucus membrane graft, fornix forming sutures. Dermis fat graft, Secondary implant)
- Enucleation / Evisceration
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
6 yrs, Clinical and teaching experience post M.S. in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery 10 yrs, Clinical experience post M.B.B.S in Ophthalmology
- February 2015 – 10th August 2015: Consultant, Perfect Vision Eye Hospital, Faridabad
- January 2013 – December -2014: Longterm Fellowship in Opthalmic Plastic Surgery, Kallam Anji Reddy Campus, LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad
- September – December 2012: Consultant, Opthalmic Plastic Surgery, ICARE Eye Hospital, Noida
- August 2009-2012: Senior Resident: Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Unit, Guru Nanak
- Eye Centre, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India
- June 2006-2009, MS Opthalmology Student: Guru Nanak Eye Centre, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India. Passed in 2009
- July-1999 – March, 2005: MBBS Student, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India, Passed in 2005
- Diplomate of National Board (Opthalmology) – Passed in 2010
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS:
- Kamal S, Kaliki S, Mishra DK, Batra J, Naik MN. Ocular Surface Squamous Neoplasia in 200 Patients: A Case-Control Study of Immunosupression Resulting from Human Immunodeficiency Virus versus Immunocompetency. Ophthalmology 2015 [Epub ahead of print]
- Kamal S, Ali MJ, Gupta A, Naik MN Lacrimal and nasal masqueradas of congenital nasolacrimal duct obstructions: etiology, management, and outcomes. Int Opthalmol. 2015 Feb [Epub ahead of print].
- Kamal S, Ali MJ, Ali MH, Naik MN Fourier domain optical coherence tomography with 3D and En Face imaging of the punctum and vertical canalicus. A step towards establishing a normative database. Accepted in Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg (In print)
Dr. Mohan has held various important Positions such as:
- Secretary, Ophthalmic Research Association, Dr. RP Centre, AIIMS (1985)
- Member, Scientific Committee, All India Ophthalmological Society (1996-99)
- Joint Secretary, Delhi Ophthalmological Society (1998-2001)
- Member, Executive Committee, Delhi Ophthalmological Society (1991-93)
- Member, Managing Committee, All India Ophthalmological Society
- Member, Scientific Committee, All India Ophthalmological Society
- Jt. Secretary, Eye Bank Association of India (Current)
- Hony. Secretary, Indian Society of Cornea & Keratoplastic Surgeons (Current)
- He was recently elected as the Vice- President, Delhi Ophthalmological Society (Current)
Dacryocystorhinostomy, and correlation and anatomical patency. APAO-AIOS, 17-20, January, 2012. Free paper , OB-FP01, Hyderabad India.
17. Kumar S, Bansal S, Goel R, Kamal S, Bodh SA, Nagpal S, Results of lacrimal trephination in the management of common canalicular block, APAO-AIOS, 17-20 January, 2012 E-Poster EP-1039. Hyderabad, India
CHAPTER IN TEXTBOOK:
- Kamal S, Ali Mj, Gauba V. Congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction. Principal and practice of lacrimal surgery. Springer 2014.
- Kamal S, Ali Mj. Primary acquired nasolacrimal duct obstruction and secondary acquired nasolacrimal duct obstruction. Principles and practice of lacrimal surgery. Springer 2014.
- Kumar S, Kamal S Modern Intraocular lenses. In: Malik KPS. Goel R (ed) Manual of small incision cataract surgery. 2nd Edition CBS publishers, New Delhi, pp 137-47.
Published by the All India Ophthalmological Society, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi. – Mar-Apr 2008.
- Dr. A. C. Agarwal Trophy for Best Free Paper Presentation Session –I, Annual Delhi Opthalmological Society. 2010, New Delhi
- Case presentation in monthly clinical meeting, which was Awarded Dr. Bodh Raj Sabharwal Trophy Institution for Holding Best Monthly Clinical Meeting, Guru Nanak Eye Centre, 2011.
- Best Poster Presentation, Oculoplastic Society Meeting, 2012, Amritsar.
- Best Free Paper Session – 5 (Oculoplasty), Annual Delhi Ophthalmological Society, 2012, New Delhi.
- Best Free Paper Session (Oculoplasty), Annual Delhi Ophthalmological Society, 2015, New Delhi
- Best Poster Presentation, Annual Delhi Opthalmological Society, 2015, New Delhi
PARTICIPATION IN STATE (DELHI) OPTHALMOLOGICAL SOCIETY
- Bilateral Inferomedial space occupying lesion. Presented as “case presentation” in Monthly clinical meeting, Delhi Opthalmological Society, Guru Nanak Eye Centre, New Delhi, 2011
- Wound closure in conventional ECCE. Presented at Annual Delhi Ophthalmological Society meeting 2010, New Delhi.
- Clinical case presentation – Lid Tumors, Presented at Delhi Ophthalmological Society teaching programme, 2010, New Delhi.
- Benign lid lesion. Presented at Delhi Opthalmological Society Oculoplasty Skill Transfer Workshop, 2010, New Delhi
- Kumar S, Dhama P, Kamal S. Orbital S.O.L: How close are we to clinical Diagnosis? Delhi Ophthalmological Society Times 2007: 13(5): 65-67.
- Kamal S. Goel R, Kumar S. Tiwari B. Dulgach P. Blepharophimosis syndrome – Major review. Del J Opthalmological 2010; 20(3); 7-14