Prof. (Dr.) Madan Mohan, the Founder- Chairman of the MM Eyetech Institute was Chief and Prof. of Opthalmology at the Dr. Rajendra Prasad Center for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, a post he held with distinction for over 10 years.
The other positions of pre-eminence held by him include Hon. Surgeon to the President of India, Advisor in Ophthalmology to the Govt. Of India (1980-91). For his excellent services in the health care, he has been awarded PADMA SHRI by the Hon'ble President of India in 1985
MBBS batch 1949 to1954
M.S. ophthalmology 1957
Worked as Registrar cum Tutor of Ophthalmology 1956- 58
Lecturer K.G.M.C. 1959-60.
Presently Chairman and Consultant at MM Eyetech Institute in Lajpat Nagar-III New Delhi practicing Ophthalmology along with his son Dr. Rishi Mohan and daughter in law Dr. Indira Mohan.
PROF. (DR) MADAN MOHAN
M.B.B.S., M.S., F.A.C.S., F.A.M.S.
* Developed Clinical services, research and post graduate training programmers (1960-89).
* Established corneal grafting unit and National Eye Bank at R. P. Centre.
* Introduced microsurgery and IOL implantation, Laser Surgery in Residency training programme. Developed concept of Clinical Ophthalmic Laboratories.
* Ophthalmic technician training B. Sc. (Hons.) course at A.I.I.M.S.
As advisor ophthalmology, ministry of health, government of india, incharge of national programme for the control of blindness (npcb):
* As President AIOS & Advisor Ophthalmology in 1988, I was instrumental in getting 100% in 1988 Customs Duty exemption on sight saving equipment (3 notifications were issued in 3 months for complete list of 30 equipments).
* Organised and conducted National Survey of Blindness in all the States and U.T. of India (Mohan 1986-89) with many innovations in survey methodology.
* Developed Concept of District Blindness Society under N.P.C.B. as peripheral organisational unit for prevention of visual handicap and control of blindness.
* Organised two years training of Paramedical ophthalmic assistants (P.M.O.A.) at 37 medical colleges to produce 800 PMOA’s every year.
* National Republic Day Award, PADMASHREE by Govt. of India (1985).
* Convetted Adenwala Oration Gold Medal, Highest award by All India Ophthalmology Society, (1981) for ophthalmic research.
* Mehray distinguished services award for community services in prevention of blindness by U.P. Govt. (1985).
* O.P. Bhasin Award of Science and Technology in health & medical science (1991).
* Distinguished contributions to lens implant surgery (research) in the countries of Asia and the Pacific by the Asia Pacific Intra-ocular Implant Association (1997).
* Distinguished services award - Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology (1981).
* Distinguished services award by International Eye Bank, Washington, USA (1966).
* Life Time Achievement Award by All India Ophthalmic Society (2000).
* Councillor/Regional Secretary (1984 to 1997), Vice President (1999) Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology.
* Member, Programme Advisory Group, WHO Geneva on global strategy for the control of blindness (1980 to 1990).
* President, All India Ophthalmological Society - (1988).
* President, National Society for the Prevention of Blindness (1980 to 1983).
* President, Delhi Ophthalmological Society.
* Director, M.M.Eyetech Microsurgery Centre.
* Trustee, Bhopal Memorial Hospital Trust, Bhopal.
* Kayastha Bhushan and Kyastha Shiromani by National Kayastha Sabha.
* Member, DAV College Management Committee.
* Hony Life President – Madan Mohan Cornea Society.
* Hony. Life President of Indian Society of Cornea and Kerato-Refractive Surgoens (ISCKRS).
* Chief and Prof. of Ophthalmology, Dr. R. P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (1979 to 89).
* Advisor Ophthalmology, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India (1980 to 1991).
* Hony. Surgeon to the President of India.
* Anterior Segment Surgery, Keratoplasty, Intra-ocular lens implantation.
* Public Health Ophthalmology and prevention of blindness.
* Trachoma, Corneal Diseases & Keratoplasty.
* Epidemiology of Blinding disorders (cataract, trachoma & Vitamin A deficiency).
* Etiopathogenesis of Myopia & corneal disorders.
* India - US Case control study of age related cataracts. Mohan M., Sperduto R. D. et al (The India - US Case-Control Study Group). Archives of Ophthalmology Vol. 107, 670 - 676 (1989).
* Experimental Myopia in the Rabbits, Mohan M., Rao B. A., Dada VK. Exp.
Eye Research 25: 33-38 (1977).
* Editor - Indian Journal of Ophthalmology I.J.O. (1983 - 86).
* Editor - Proceeding All India Ophthalmological Society, AIOS (1979-82).
* Editor - National Survey of Blindness - India, NPCB - WHO (1989).
* Editor - Collaborative Study on Blindness (1971 - 74), Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi.
* Editor - Collaborative Study on Prevalence of Cataract (1981 - 84), Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi.
* Editor - Working group manual on control of Blindness NPCB (1982), D.G.H.S., New Delhi
* Sports (Tennis, Golf).